The pursuit of higher education takes on a transformative hue for international students through the Hubert Scholarship in the United States. This guide meticulously navigates through its origins, eligibility criteria, benefits, and the profound impact it imparts on the educational journeys of scholars from diverse corners of the globe.
Key Features of the Hubert Scholarship
1. Full Tuition Coverage:
- The Hubert Scholarship stands out for covering full tuition costs, ensuring deserving international students access high-quality education without tuition burdens.
2. Support for Diverse Fields of Study:
- The scholarship is open to students pursuing undergraduate studies in a wide range of disciplines. This inclusivity reflects the university’s dedication to fostering excellence across various academic domains.
3. Community Engagement:
- Hubert Scholarship recipients are urged to actively engage with the university community, fostering personal and professional growth beyond academics.
4. Cultural Exchange:
- The scholarship promotes cultural exchange by bringing together students from diverse backgrounds. This intercultural interaction enriches the learning experience, contributing to a global perspective among scholars.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community
- Limited experience in the United States
- Demonstrated English language ability
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences
The application process for the Hubert Scholarship involves the following steps:
- Submit Admission Application:
- Prospective students need to complete the regular admission application for undergraduate studies at the University of Bridgeport.
- Express Interest in the Scholarship:
- Applicants express their interest in the Hubert Scholarship during the admission process, indicating their desire to be considered for this prestigious award.
- Provide Supporting Documents:
- As part of the application, candidates may need to submit additional documents, such as academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- Review and Selection:
- The university’s scholarship committee reviews applications and selects deserving candidates based on academic merit and other criteria.
The Hubert Scholarship at the University of Bridgeport embodies a commitment to global education and cultural exchange, shaping future leaders for positive global impact through full tuition coverage and a diverse scholar community.