Students in colleges, universities, and graduate programs in the new qualifying countries and territories can apply for Study in Canada Scholarships to participate in short-term exchange programs in Canada.
This new student exchange program is meant to take the role of the 2020 experimental Study in Canada Scholarships program, which offered complete degrees to international students in exchange for a year of study in Canada. In the next competition, at least fifty scholarships will be offered, with that number rising year.
Resources for Canadian Students – EduCanada
Learn in Canada The purpose of these scholarships is to broaden the pool of overseas students that Canadian universities and colleges may host on short-term exchanges for the purposes of study and research.
In accordance with the goals of Canada’s International Education Strategy, prosperous Canadian post-secondary institutions will be able to expand and deepen their international ties and raise awareness of their academic and research prowess in the emerging markets.
Canada’s education involvement with a wide variety of partners will be diversified and enriched through the program’s new links, which will also boost bilateral relations and supplement the government’s larger initiatives to diversify Canada’s foreign commerce.
Study in Canada Scholarships offered by EduCanada – Government of Canada is available to undertake Postgraduate, Masters, PhD level programs at Canada Universities.
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Scholarship by: EduCanada
- Degree Level: Postgraduate, Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Funding for Study in Canada Scholarships is made available by Global Affairs Canada through its legal title: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
Scholarship value and duration
The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD for all successful candidates in the form of a contribution agreement and will be responsible for providing the funds to scholarship recipients.
Scholarship values vary depending on the duration and level of study:
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
In addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, Canadian host institutions will receive CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada.
In certain cases, Canadian institutions may be eligible for reimbursement of additional employer compliance fees paid to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Scholarship funds should be used towards:
- visa or study/work permit fees;
- airfare for the scholarship recipient only via the most direct and economical route;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD in the form of a contribution agreement and disburse funds to scholarship recipients according to its internal processes.
Should a recipient not take up the scholarship, Canadian institutions must return all funds, including the administrative fee, to DFATD.
Candidates must be:
- citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine;
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda; and
- enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.