Deadline: 4th Feb 2022
Toronto Summer Youth In Policing Initiative (YIPI) 2022 Program
The Toronto Youth In Policing Initiative is now accepting applications for the 2022 Summer Program.
In 2012, the Youth in Policing Initiative Afterschool program was created in recognition of the importance of providing support and employment opportunities for young people all year round.
This employment initiative focuses on diverse youth between the ages of 15 and 18 years, who reside in our priority identified neighborhoods within the City of Toronto.
The aim of the Youth in Policing Initiative is to promote youth participation in and exposure to the work environment through diverse, educational, and productive work assignments.
This program also enhances the link between the police and the neighbourhoods we serve. This initiative gives young people an opportunity to develop job skills while fostering positive partnerships with the Toronto Police Service.
|Youth In Policing Program||Accepting Applications||Employment Period||Description|
|Fall||April||September to December||Part-time 6 hours per week, additional 7 hours of training on Saturday per month|
|Summer||January – early February||July and August||Full-time 35 hours per week|
|Winter/Spring||September||February to June||Part-time 6 hours per week, additional 7 hours of training on Saturday per month|
The mandate of the Youth in Policing Initiative is:
- To promote youth participation in and exposure to the work environment through diverse, educational and productive work assignments;
- To enhance the link between the police and the neighbourhoods we serve by selecting youth reflecting our culturally diverse city;
- To provide a safe and positive employment opportunity; and
- To promote the Toronto Police Service as an employer of choice.
In order to be eligible for the program, youth:
- Must be a student between the ages of 15 and 18 years;
- Must not have any criminal charges pending before the court;
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada;
- Must be attending school; and
- Must not have previously participated in any YIPI program
Additionally, youth must be permanent residents of one of the following neighbourhoods:
2. Mount Olive-Silverstone-Jamestown
3. Thistletown-Beaumond Heights
5. Elms-Old Rexdale
6. Kingsview Village-The Westway
21. Humber Summit
24. Black Creek
25. Glenfield-Jane Heights
27. York University Heights
43. Victoria Village
44. Flemingdon Park
55. Thorncliffe Park
61. Crescent Town
72. Regent Park
85. South Parkdale
91. Weston-Pellam Park
110. Keelesdale-Eglinton West
115. Mount Dennis
124. Kennedy Park
136. West Hill
138. Eglinton East
139. Scarborough Village