Nsfas application2022: Getting a shot at NSFAS funding is super easy and quick, with no long queues and complicated steps. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to register, complete and submit your funding application at NSFAS.
You will need to first register for a myNSFAS account and submit your application online.
Once your myNSFAS account is set up and functional, follow these simple steps and submit your application:
NSFAS Online Application – apply for nsfas online 2022/2023
How to Apply for NSFAS Online; apply for nsfas online.
- Step 1: Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information.
- Step 2: Upload required supporting documents where applicable
- Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’ required information.
- Step 4: And just like that, your NSFAS funding application has been submitted.
Documents needed to verify your NSFAS funding application
Take note of the below important documents needed to complete the NSFAS application:
- All applicants must provide a copy of their ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted.
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse.
- Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided.
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide the latest payslip not older than 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse).
- Person with disabilities: to complete Disability Annexure A form.
Once the NSFAS funding application becomes successful, NSFAS will cover your costs for:
- Living allowance
- Book allowance
- Incidental/personal care allowance
If you are studying at the University of South Africa (UNISA) you will receive funding for:
- Books (subject to the number of modules registered)
- Personal care allowance
If you are unable to complete the nsfas online application by yourself, you can visit a National Youth Development Agency Centre, a Thusong Centre or one of the NSFAS application partner’s centers near you, where an NSFAS representative will help you apply.
NSFAS application closing date
Funding applications will normally close on 07 January each year.
NSFAS Online application Summary Steps
This is a summary of the steps mentioned above on how to submit your NSFAS application
- Navigate to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on the “myNSFAS” button.
- Go on and click on “Register”
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify entered details.
- Then enter your ID number on the field as it is stated on your ID document.
- Fill in your full names and surname as per your ID number.
- Fill in your current email address.
- Create a password
- Click on the apply section