National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC) invites suitable candidates to apply for Postgraduate Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 31 January 2022.
The NHFC is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate (from second year) and postgraduate study levels, within these fields:
- Built Environment
- Construction Economics
- Developmental Studies
- Economic Development
- Energy Efficiency
- Housing Construction
- Human Settlements
- Property Markets
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books and other study materials as a minimum. Student accommodation and other expenses may be covered at the discretion of the NHFC.
The bursary award is renewable each year, based on the bursary recipient maintaining satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your 1st year of study and be entering your 2nd or higher year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be from a financially disadvantaged background
How too apply
Download and complete the NHFC Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent transcripts, on University letterhead (certified copy)
- Proof of University admission (1st year students)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- ID documents or birth certificates of other people residing within your household (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “NHFC Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).