Mbuyelo Coal invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 15 December 2021
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Safety Management
The bursary is renewable each year, dependent on satisfactory academic performance.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 months after the closing date – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution (University or University of Technology) in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric, if currently in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for all major subject at tertiary level, if currently studying
- Preference will be given to students who reside in any of these areas: Emakhazeni, Chief Albert Luthuli and Steve Tshwete Municipalities
How to apply
Download and complete the Mbuyelo Coal Bursary Application Form 2022 (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest/ final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy) (note: awards will be finalised after receiving final National Senior Certificate results)
- Proof of enrolment or provisional acceptance at University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, via email at: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Mbuyelo Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).