South32 HMM (Hotazel Manganese Mines) invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 10 December 2021
South32 is inviting students to apply for the South32 HMM (Hotazel Manganese Mines) Bursary, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is available to students residing within the John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area (including Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality, Gamagara Local Municipality and Joe Morolong Local Municipality), in the Northern Cape, for ANY field of study (Degree, Diploma or National Certificate).
South32 is committed to encouraging skill development within the areas it operates, thus the bursary was formed. The South32 HMM is administered by Career Wise.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, book allowance, meals and accommodation.
HMM may allow students to partake in vacation work, if required for completing the qualification, however this is not a guarantee.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 30 December 2021 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area, in the Northern Cape
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Degree, Diploma or National Certificate qualification, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in ANY field
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a good academic record and pass your studies
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: South32 HMM Bursary Application 2022
Please use the following promotional code when applying/ tracking your application: South32COMM22
Alternatively, physical applications may be delivered to Tushiya Business Hub (El Dorado Hotel – Kuruman).
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence in the JTG District (copy of municipal account or letter from a Council member or Chief)