Brand South Africa invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 24 November 2021
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Accounting Science (BCom) (Department: Finance)
- Computer Science (BSc) (Department: Information Technology)
- Human Resources (BCom) (Department: Human Resources)
- Law (BCom) (Department: Legal)
- Marketing (BCom) (Department: Marketing)
- Multimedia (BIS) (Department: Marketing)
- Public or International Relations (BCom) (Department: Stakeholder Relations)
- Social or Political Science (BCom) (Department: Research)
- Supply Chain (BCom) (Department: Finance)
Brand South Africa will be awarding 1 bursary for each of the above fields, except for BSc Computer Science, for which 2 bursaries will be awarded.
The bursary will provide cover for the cost of tuition fees and textbooks. The bursary will NOT provide cover for accommodation (in residency, boarding or private renting).
The bursary will cover 1 academic year of study (1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022), however students are encouraged to reapply for funding each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric, in 2021
- You must intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to dependents of Brand South Africa’s employees, however all students outside of Brand South Africa may apply
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 Final Report
- Matric Statement of Results (to be submitted by shortlisted candidates, as soon as received)
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of acceptance at university (on institutions letterhead)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Applicants must indicate their field of study and the relevant department, in the email subject line, eg: “Marketing – BCOM Marketing”).