HELB Loan Repayment Options
Helb News – Clear your outstanding Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) loan using employer check-off, bank deposit, Bank Standing Order, Mpesa, Debit or Credit Card, Wave or WorldRemit for beneficiaries in the diaspora.
Repaying your Student Loan
Undergraduate Loan Repayment starts within one year of completion of studies or within such a period as the Board decides to recall the loan whichever is earlier. However, you can make voluntary payments before or after you complete your studies to reduce your loan balance.
Completion of Loan Repayment
Upon completion of loan repayment, kindly seek clearance from HELB. Please note that only HELB and not your employer can confirm your loan repayment status. HELB shall confirm loan repayment completion by issuing certificate of clearance. For clearance, please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form. Also Read: How to Apply for HELB Jielimishe Loan Application for Salaried Kenya Students
If you overpay your loan, you will receive a refund from HELB and not your employer. To claim refund, please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form.
Click here to access HELB Enquiry Form
Jielimishe Loans (for salaried students)
Jielimishe Loans are due for repayment immediately upon disbursement. Successful applicants shall be notified via e-mail. For any queries on Alternative loans, please fill in the Loan Recovery Enquiry form.
HELB Loan Repayment Options, HELB offers various loan repayment methods as follows:
1.Local Repayment Methods
Mobile Payment Services: M-PESA
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer:
- Select pay bill option
- Enter HELB business number as 200800
- Enter your national ID number as your account number
- Enter amount you want to pay
- Enter your secret PIN number
- Confirm transaction and send
Note: The transaction reflects in your statement immediately after the transaction.
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer for Employers
- Upload the remittance schedule
- Generate the E-Slip
- Go to the M-PESA menu and click on Lipa na M-PESA, then Paybill
- Enter 200800 as the business number
- For the account details, enter the generated E-Slip number as the account number
- Enter your PIN number
- You will receive a confirmation message for payment
Note: The transaction will reflect in the employer statement and posted to individual loanee statements.
All payments are payable to Higher Education Loans Board, by crossed cheque, bankers draft, direct transfer/standing order/EFT or cash deposit to HELB collection A/C in any of the following banks:
|Bank Name||Account No.||Branch||Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Swift Code|
|Citibank||300 040 012||Nairobi||CITIKENA|
|Co-operative Bank||011290 612 228 00||University-way||KCOOKENA|
|Absa Bank||077 501 8216||Barclays Plaza||BARCKENX|
|KCB Bank||1103 266 314||University-way||KCBLKENX|
|Standard Chartered Bank||010 801 826 4700||Koinange street||SCBLKENX|
|Equity Bank||055 029 357 3408||Equity Center||EQBLKENA|
|National Bank of Kenya||01001060391100||Harambee Avenue||NBKEKENX|
|Family Bank||035 000 024 971||Family Bank Towers||FABLKENAXXX|
|Kingdom Bank||11748527001||Koinange street||CIFIKENAXXX|
Credit Card or Debit (ATM) Card
Give authority to HELB to make monthly debits or lump-sum payments directly from your bank account or credit card. This is done by signing the CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM (CCA) and forwarding the same to HELB. VISA branded credit cards or debit (ATM) cards can also be swiped at HELB offices.
2. Diaspora Repayment Methods
- You can make payments instantly from the US and Canada through Wave via KCB Account Number 1103266314,
Go to www.sendwave.com to update/download the app and then make transfers immediately,
Please forward the wave email notification as well as your ID NUMBER to [email protected].
How to pay HELB using World Remit from diaspora:
- Log in to www.worldremit.com
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service from the blue ‘Send to’ box on this page
- Choose whether to make the transfer to a Kenyan shilling (KES) or US dollar (USD) account
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- We’ll show you the highly competitive exchange rate you’ll receive and any fees upfront
- Enter recipient’s details KCB ACCOUNT NUMBER 1103266314
- Pay online using a credit or debit card
- Use your ID number as the reference
- You and your recipient will receive SMS and email notification once the transfer is complete
- Forward the email notification to [email protected]
Online Payment via HELB Payment Portal
- You can now pay your HELB loan online. To make your payment:
- Register an account with HELB online portal, if you already have an account, please log in.
- Once logged in, click on Online Services > Online Payment menu.
- Enter your National ID number as your account number
- Enter the amount you are paying and click Pay Now
- A payment acknowledgement will be issued once the payment is successful
- HELB will issue an official receipt for the payment