Finsch Diamond Mine invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 12 November 2021
Finsch Diamond Mine is inviting students who reside within the local labour sending area of Finsch Diamond Mine (in the Northern Cape province), to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Information Systems (BSc)
- Technology & Engineering (BSc)
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation in residence and meals (or equivalent allowances)
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in compulsory practical vacation work, during December and January university holidays.
After graduation, students will be required to work for Petra Diamonds (Pty) Ltd, as part of the contractual obligation. The duration of employment will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 30 days after the closing date – if you do not receive by then, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-screening, profile testing, mine assessments, medical and security clearance, as part of the selection process. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to attend a panel interview before final selection is made.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the local labour sending area of Finsch Diamond Mine, in the Northern Cape province
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or registered and accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of level 6 for Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy) in your mid-year exams
- You must have achieved a minimum result of level 6 for Physical Science in your mid-year exams
- You must have achieved a minimum Admission Point Score (APS) of 35
- Current university students: you must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to students residing within Finsch Mine’s host labour sending area Municipalities: Danielskuil, Kuruman and Kimberley
- Preference will be given to senior students, however 1st year students will also be considered
- Preference will be given to female students from the designated groups (in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates)
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at university, for 2022 studies (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Curriculum Vitae
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Finsch Diamond Mine Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).