Bergrivier Municipality invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 12 November 2021 @ 15:30
The Bergrivier Municipality invites students from the Bergrivier municipal area, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary will cover studies towards a first Degree or National Diploma, in ANY field of study.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, books, study materials and accommodation.
Bursary funding will be paid directly to the institution where the recipient is studying.
Selected candidates will be required to sign a bursary agreement with the Bergrivier Municipality.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently reside within the Bergrivier Municipal area
- You must studying or intend on studying full time, towards your first Degree or National Diploma
- You must studying or intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have passed the previous years studies, if currently studying
- You must meet the entry requirements of your tertiary institution, for your selected programme of study
- Preference will be given to students between 18 and 35 years old, however students of all ages may apply
- Preference will be given to students whose total family income (parents or legal guardians) is less than the GAP housing threshold
How to apply
Alternatively, application forms may be collected from the Human Resource Services Department in Piketberg.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results or Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees for the year (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (payslips or employment letter if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension slips if applicable, proof of grant if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of disability, if applicable (medical doctors note)
- Completed POPI Consent Form (.pdf) – this gives consent to Bergrivier Municipality to investigate all details of your application form, including study records, residential address, parents or guardians income, personal information etc
Applications must be hand delivered to either of the following municipal offices: Aurora, Eendekuil, Piketberg, Porterville, Redelinghuys, Velddrif.
Applications must be marked “Application for External Study Bursary”, and for the attention of Mr. D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development)
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.