Deadline: December 2021
DAAD University Summer Course Grants Scholarships 2021/2022 for Study in Germany
The DAAD University Summer Course Grants Scholarships aims to deepen knowledge of the German language (general language, technical language) and regional studies.
DAAD University Summer Course Grants Scholarships Requirements
- Students in Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes of all disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two university years at the start of the scholarship.
- The minimum age at the start of the scholarship is 18 years.
- As a rule, applicants must be enrolled at a university in the programme countries (except Germany) both at the time of application and during the entire scholarship period.
- There must be two years between two funding awards for a university summer course.
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and participate in working groups.
- German language skills must be proven at the time of application.
- The language certificate cannot be older than 2 years at the time of application.
- The following language certificates are usually accepted: onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut certificate, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat, baccalaureate (for specialised language courses only).
If, due to the pandemic situation, it is not possible for you to take one of the above-mentioned language examinations and submit a corresponding language certificate, in such proven cases, a language certificate approved by DAAD lecturers can be submitted as an exception. Please contact the respective information and counselling office for further information.
If you already have a language certificate from 2020 for attending a course in 2021 that has been approved by DAAD lecturers, you can submit it this year as an exception.
[list|In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of A2.
- Funding is provided for participation in language, regional studies and technical language courses offered by state or state-recognised German higher education institutions and language course providers affiliated with higher education institutions.
- Course providers and courses offered can be found on the DAAD website at: www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste.
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.
Duration of the funding
- The courses have a duration of at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding arrival and departure days) with at least 25 teaching hours per week each.
- The scholarships cannot be extended.
- The courses usually take place in the months ofJune to November.
- One-time scholarship payment of 1,061 euros; scholarship holders from the “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship in the amount of1,236 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: travel allowance.
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits.
The course fees and accommodation costs are usually deducted directly by the language course provider from the scholarship benefits to be paid out, so that the scholarship holder may “only” receive the difference to the full amount from the course provider.
The above-mentioned scholarship benefits (including the flat-rate travel allowance) are not transferred abroad.]
Certificates, transcripts, attestations and translations can be submitted in uncertified form. The DAAD Head Office in Bonn reserves the right to request additional certified copies of the documents submitted.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal:
- Online application form
- Complete curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- Copy of the graduation certificate (for Bachelor’s students) or copy of the Bachelor’s degree certificate from the university (for Master’s students) with indication of the final grade(s), if available (with German or English translation).
- Performance records of the last two years in German or English
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents that you consider important for your application, if necessary with German or English translation (e.g. proof of internships, certificates of employment).
- In addition students with certificates from the first year of higher education are also eligible to apply.
The application is made online via the DAAD Portal.
1. December each year.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD University Summer Course Grants Scholarships 2021/2022