Huawei Technologies Africa invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 20 October 2021
Bursaries will be awarded to students currently studying in any of these fields (undergraduate or postgraduate):
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks and stationery allowance, once-off laptop allowance, accommodation, meals and a stipend.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work for Huawei, as part of the “work back contract” – the duration of employment will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying full time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 2nd, 3rd or final year of study, or your Honours or Masters level, in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must NOT be receiving any other sources of funding
- You must be passionate about pursuing a career in engineering and technology
- You must be willing to make a difference in the Telecommunications industry
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of university registration for 2022
- Full academic record, including most recent transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the following reference “Bursary & Your universities name” in your email subject line).