Petra Diamonds invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 31 October 2021
Petra Diamonds SA is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for Diploma or Degree studies, within these mining-related disciplines/ fields of study:
- Computer Science (Finsch Diamond Mine)
- Environmental and Engineering Geology (specialising in Geotechnical Engineering) (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
- Geology (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
- Industrial Engineering (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
- Information Technology (Finsch Diamond Mine)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Cullinan Diamond Mine)
- Mining Engineering (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, books, study materials, accommodation, meals and a loan laptop (for use from 2nd to final year of study).
Students will also receive the following benefits of the bursary: assistance with adapting to campus life, by way of regular bursary meetings and Career Wise study experts to assist with any study-related issues.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to complete a panel interview and psychometric assessments, before final selection is made. Final selection will be based on students academic results and achieving the objectives of the Mining Charter and Employment Equity Act.
Bursary holders will be expected to maintain the following criteria, in order to maintain the bursary:
- Pass all subjects/ modules of study
- Partake in compulsory vacation work during holidays, in line with the field of study
- After graduation, bursars will be required to complete a service contract by working for Petra Diamonds
- After graduation, bursars may have the chance to join the Petra Diamonds Graduate Programme
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, in one of the mining-related disciplines listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised Higher Education Institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to students from the following locations: Letsemeng Municipality (Koffiefontein), Tshwane Municipality (region 5 to 7), Danielskuil/ Lime acres, Kimberley and Kururman regions
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Petra Diamonds Bursary Application 2022
You will need to Register before you can Login and apply.
You will be required to fill in this code when applying: PETRA22
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance at a recognised Higher Education Institution, for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence/ address