Westfalia Fruit invites students to apply for Westfalia Educational Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 31 August 2021
Westfalia Education Programme – Bursary Applications
The Westfalia Fruit Group strives to uphold the humanitarian vision of our founder Dr Hans Merensky. Our group purpose is to do good for our employees, customers, communities, the environment and society. Westfalia Fruit in South Africa is offering bursary opportunities to the top-performing students in the country who are currently in Grade 12, 1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year for Agriculture-Related Disciplines. Individuals who have a passion for agriculture-related disciplines wishing to study at Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET college are invited to apply for the bursary.
Candidates must be registered or have applied to register for the following disciplines in 2021:
University and University of Technology:
- Engineering (Agricultural, Irrigation, Mechanical, Mechatronics & Industrial)
- Agricultural and Natural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Horticulture and Plant Pathology
- Logistics and Transport Management
- Plant Genetics, Soil Science & Entomology
Vocational Education Bursaries available:
- Farm Management
- Technical Engineering (Boilermaker, Millwright, Electrician, Plumber, Fitter & Turner)
The programme will also support students from local communities studying or who wish to study Medicine, Nursing and Teaching. Candidates from local communities where Westfalia Fruit operates will be treated as priority candidates. Applications for study at public institutions will be considered.