Gallagher Foundation invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2021
Jerry and Ellen Gallagher founded the Gallagher Foundation in 2001. It offers undergraduate scholarships to students in three countries, including South Africa. Foundation scholarships are open only to students studying at the University of Cape Town (UCT), a prestigious institution of higher learning. By funding South Africa’s future leaders’ education, the Gallagher Foundation aims to ensure that peace and prosperity continue to reign in South Africa.
Applicants are subjected to a review process and should demonstrate core values of the Gallagher Foundation. These include being a visionary, demonstrating sound ethics, tolerance towards others, diligence in their studies, and a commitment to making South Africa a better country.
Fields of study
- Political Science
- Tuition fees
- Study supplies
- Must be a citizen of South African.
- Must have a strong academic record.
- Must have the intention of studying within one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must plan to enter their first year of study in the year 2021.
- Must apply to study at the University of Cape Town and receive conditional acceptance.
- Must have achieved high results in all of the National Benchmark Test’s competency areas.
- Must have a high level of ethical values including opposition to violence and a commitment to make a difference in their country.
- Must have a strong potential for leadership in any leadership activity like awards received, extracurricular activities, special projects, and service work.
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply online at https://gallagherfoundation.org/become-a-scholar/apply-to-our-program-in-south-africa
- A recent photograph
- The most recent high school academic record.
- Test results from NBT.
- Proof of conditional acceptance from the University of Cape Town.
- A letter of recommendation from a mentor, teacher, athletic coach, employer or guidance counselor.
- Proof of Income in the form of most recent payslips, a letter from the applicant’s employer or pension documents.