The Sigma Trust invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2021
The Signa Trust is inviting female students, interested in pursuing a 3 year Information & Communications Technology (ICT) degree qualification, to apply for the ICT Study Bursary. The full sponsorship bursary will be awarded to 1 female candidate, for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary, is sponsored by Signa Trust, aims to encourage and empower young women to follow a career within the ICT stream.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees for a 3 year ICT Degree, prescribed books, a PC, accommodation and a monthly stipend.
The winner will be selected by the Signa Trust board of trustees and will be contacted telephonically.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a South African legal resident
- You must be female
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved good results (above average) in Matric
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
- You must be interested in pursuing an Information & Communications Technology (ICT) degree qualification
- You must NOT be associated with the Signa Group or Signa Trust in any way (including director, member, partner, employee, acquaintance, agent, consultant etc)
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: Signa Bursary Application 2022
Candidates will also be required to submit a motivational letter, stating why you should be selected to receive the bursary and your future plans and dreams.
Successful candidates will be required to submit the following supporting documentation (ensure that you have these documents ready and available, as the submission of these documents will be compulsory – if you are unable to provide these documents, the bursary will be cancelled):
- ID document or both sides of ID card (certified copy)
- Passport and proof of residency, if not a citizen (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record or results from 2020 studies (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of total household income (latest payslips or affidavit if employed, affidavit if unemployment, proof of pension or Sassa grants if applicable)
- Proof of disability, if applicable