Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2021
The Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) bursary is the educational arm of Genesis Analytics – an African economics-based consulting firm. The principal objective of the foundation is to support initiatives to promote the educational and professional development of young people in the designated groups, as described by the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, in the discipline of economics and related fields.
The GEFT bursary is offered to young South African students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who are eligible to study towards their Honours or Master’s degree in the overarching fields of Economics or Public Health, and either of their related disciplines at a recognised South African university. We have also extended our bursary programme to those students looking to pursue postgraduate qualifications in Public Health and related disciplines.
Applicants must have achieved a consistent average of 65% and above for their undergraduate and/or Honours degree. The bursary is primarily available to cover tuition fees as well as books and stationery. Dependent on available funds GEFT may be in a position to contribute towards additional needs such as accommodation and transport.
Applications close on 31 August 2021 and our bursary process will run in September and October 2021. Visit our website at www.genesis-analytics.com/careers#bursaries for more details and to apply online. The successful candidates will be awarded bursaries to study approved degrees as mentioned above in the academic year of 2022. Requirements
A complete application must consist of the following:
- A comprehensive CV
- A copy of your South African identity document
- A motivational letter
- Full academic transcripts from your first year of undergraduate studies to date
- A writing sample (eg. An essay, proposal, or assignment. This must be a recent submission from the current or previous academic year)
Genesis Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Suitable candidates are described as per the designated groups i.e. South African Indian, Coloured and African candidates, as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998.
How to apply
Apply online via the Genesis Analytics website by close of business on Tuesday, 31 August 2021. Applications sent and received by email will not be considered as we have a dedicated applicant tracking system (ATS) where we process all applications.
- Candidates must be South African Citizens by birth
- The bursary is earmarked for candidates who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds as described by the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised opportunity
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Policies
- All applications will be treated confidentially.