The Africa Wetu Foundations’ inspiration is to provide education to disadvantaged students, who will, in turn become passionate in assisting others with their education once they have graduated and are pursuing their careers.
The Africa Wetu Foundations’ belief is working in collaboration with others and empowering everyone’s views and values. The bursary is awarded to students wishing to complete their Master’s Degrees in certain fields which are outlined below.
Closing date of the bursary
The deadline for the application is 31 October 2021.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted by the end of November 2021
About This Bursary
The Africa Wetu Foundations’ aim is to empower disadvantaged people in South Africa to access education, and thus, for those people to be true inspirations to people in their communities, in South Africa, and Africa as a whole.
The Foundation is an NPO that is purely funded by donations. These donations are used to pay for the cost of the degrees. Donations can be made on their site, or by depositing money into their bank account. All the details are on their website.
Who Can Apply?
The students that can apply need to have completed, or are currently completing, their Honours degree / BTech level courses in specific areas. The Bursary awarded can be used at three different institutions for specific Master’s Degrees:
1. Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) – Department of Environmental and Occupational Studies.
2. University of Cape Town (UCT) – Faculty of Science: Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
3. University of the Western Cape (UWC) – Faculty of Natural Science
The Foundation will award bursaries to successful candidates at their own discretion. These are the following requirements:
- South African citizen
- Currently completing an Honours Degree / BTech level courses in the specified fields.
- Wanting to pursue a Master’s Degree.
- Provide an acceptance letter to the Master’s Program applied for.
What does this bursary cover?
The bursary covers the cost of the tuition. These amounts are obtained from the institution that the student applies to.
How to Apply
To apply for the Africa Wetu Foundation bursary, it needs to be done online – Online Application Form
The form is very straightforward as you type all your information in on the webpage. There are three parts that you need to complete:
Part 1: Personal details
In this section, you are also required to attach the following documents:
- Certified copy of your South African ID
- Certified copy of all academic transcripts / record of results
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Short CV
- One page letter of motivation as to why you want to be awarded the bursary
- Short research intention
*Kindly note that all the certified copies of the documents should not be older than 3 months.
Part 2: Education Details
Part 3: Applicant
- You are required to sign here. You can do it directly on the form by using your mouse. If you are under the age of 21, a parent/guardian is required to sign.
It is important to complete the application form in full and upload all the required documents. If you do not, your application will not be accepted.
Phone: + 27 87 148 9444
Email: [email protected]