ABSA Bank invites applicants to apply Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date: 30 August 2021
Absa is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Each year, Absa awards bursaries to top-achieving students, allowing them to complete their studies without the worry of insufficient funding. Once students have graduated, they may be offered employment with Absa.
This year, bursaries will only be awarded for Bachelors Degree studies in the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation (in university residence or other approved accommodation), laptop, textbook allowance, meal allowance and a transport allowance.
Bursary recipients will receive the following perks during their studies:
- Structured vacation work programme to gain relevant workplace experience
- Comprehensive range of counselling services, provided by ICAS
- Buddy system to guide you through your studies
- Soft skill training, to allow for easier integration into the working world
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75% in Matric
- You must be studying towards a Bachelors Degree qualification, in one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Absa Bursary Application
Students will be required to “Sign Up” before they can “Login” and apply.
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on institutions letterhead)