The Western Cape Provincial Treasury has created an amazing opportunity for students living within the Western Cape province to apply for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary.
They are committed to assisting learners by providing study opportunities and train those who are committed to advancing their careers. The bursary programme aims to build economic empowerment and enable those from disadvantaged communities to compete within the workforce.
The Provincial Treasury is responsible to achieve the desired socio-economic and governance of the Western Cape by providing strategic financial management and regulating and supervising the government finances.
The Western Cape municipalities and the government work closely ensuring that the citizens have access to information, facilities, and required services, enabling good financial governance by quality service delivery through partnerships.
Closing date of the bursary
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2021.
Successful students will be notified by 30 November 2021. Should there be no response after three months of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
About This Bursary/Company
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury bursary program offers students bursaries for full-time study at any Accredited Western Cape University.
They created this bursary program to assist those who need financial aid to further their tertiary education. The aim is to encourage and equip students with the knowledge and skills needed for their desired field of study and to increase the shortage of critical skills required.
Students awarded bursaries will need to sign a contractual agreement with the Provincial Treasury.
What does this Bursary cover?
The bursary covers full tuition for over a five-year study period, no less than one year of study.
Who Can Apply?
Grade 12 students, post-graduate and qualified under-graduate students who are interested to study in the following careers can apply:
- South African Citizen
- Reside in the Western Cape Province
- Aged between 17yrs old and 35yrs old
- Maintained a minimum average of 60% for the previous year at high school or university
- Acquired a minimum rating of 70% in at least two of the following subjects:
- Has not already received a bursary or funding
- Postgraduate students must have received a Bachelors Degree within one or more of the desired fields of study
How to Apply?
You can only apply online by using this link. All required documents must be certified and uploaded with your application. Documents uploaded must be in PDF format (Max size 2MB).
- ID Document
- Letter of motivation for the bursary
- Matric certificate
- Current Matric students should include Grade 11 final results and June Grade 12 results
- Degree or Diploma if obtained
- Copy of acceptance letter from the tertiary institution or proof of application to a tertiary institution
- Affidavit of income/salary statement/household income
- Estimation of study costs
If you applied before 19 June 2021 you will need to re-apply to ensure your details were captured correctly in your first application.
For any queries relating to the bursary, you can contact the Western Cape Provincial Treasury directly.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone no.: 021 483 4823 / 021 483 6127