Takealot.com invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
The Takealot Group contributes to skills development in the Information Technology, Computer Science and
Computer Engineering sector through funding bursaries for deserving candidates who are South African citizens studying at public South African institutions towards relevant degree programmes.
The company simultaneously wants to create a talent pipeline of developers to enter their graduate programme. Their bursaries therefore come with a work back obligation and vacation work.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applicants must be in their final undergraduate or Hons or B Tech year next year specialising in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Applicants must be available for consideration for a position in the takealot.com graduate programme in the subsequent year.
- Applicants must be available to work for takealot.com during vacation and upon graduation.
- The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic potential and motivation for a career with takealot.com.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above for their undergraduate degree and in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- Successful candidates will have fun, work hard, take ownership, be able to work in teams to create solutions, and be open to direct feedback and innovative ideas on where they can improve.
- Takealot.com is looking for people who are short on ego and high on output, who are doers and not only thinkers, and who love what they do and what they are creating.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s WhatsApp platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Please carefully read the instructions on the StudyTrust Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.