South African Institute of Race Relations invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 August 2021
Since 1980, South African Institute of Race Relations has produced over 3 700 medical, business, management, scientific, education, and engineering graduates. Their bursaries have long been a major contribution to economic empowerment in South Africa – well before the idea became popular.
Who is eligible for IRR Bursary?
- Only citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Only students who intend to study or who are already studying for a degree or diploma at a tertiary institution in South Africa which is registered with the Council for Higher Education.
- Only applicants who are intending to study, or are already studying for a first degree/diploma. Students who intend studying for a post-graduate degree – e.g. Honours – are not eligible.
How To Apply
- Go to the IRR website
- Complete the online application form on the website
- The completed online applications will be reviewed by the Institute. They will produce a short-list of potential bursary recipients.
- The Institute will contact all short-listed applicants. Each short-listed applicant will be supplied with documents that he or she will require in order to complete the application process. Please note that if you are not contacted by the Institute by 30th September 2021 then you have not been short-listed.
- Short-listed candidates must complete the documents they received under step 3 and return these to the Institute by 16th November 2021.
- The Institute’s bursary selection committee will review all those final applications received on or before 16th November 2021 and make decisions about which students are to receive bursaries for 2022. These decisions will be taken by 15 February 2022.
- The Institute will notify the students who have been granted bursaries.
Please note that only application forms from the Bursary Department at the South African Institute of Race Relations will be considered. Application forms downloaded from any other websites will not be taken into account.