Department of Military Veterans invites suitable candidates to apply for Bursary Programme 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 31 March 2021.
The department invites Military Veterans and their dependents who wish to apply for education support benefit for the first time and intending to study during the 2021 academic year to apply for the DMV Education Support benefit.
This invitation is also open to all continuing learners and students of education support in 2020 (those who are currently approved and produced with support for 2020 academic year and those who have written to the DMV informing us of the gap year).
- The department of military veterans will not consider learners and students studying in private institutions.
The details are as follows:
Continuing learener at basic education for 2021 are to send their final year school reports and a school confirmation letter for the academic year to: [email protected]
Continuing students at tertiary for 2021 are to send their confirmation documents namely year end academic transcripts and proof of acceptance or registration at the institution to: [email protected]
Value of support
The value of the education support is R20 000 for learners at basic education level. The support covers the following:
- School fees
The value of the support at Tertiary level is R88 600 and covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed text books
DMV Education Support is renewable annually via the submission of a conformation forms accompanying by official proof of progress report from the institution.
How to apply
- Application for the 2021 DMV New Education Support for continuing recipients must be completed and submitted before 31 March 2021.
- Application form must be submitted together with all the required supporting documents as listed below:
- A certified copy of Military Veteran’s ID document
- A certified copy of unabridged birth certificate
- A certified copy of your dependent grade’s report
- Tertiary students have to include their complete academic record
- A copy of your acceptance/provisional admission letter the university.
Due to Covid-19 regulations, and to limit the movement of people at the DMV offices, applications may be emailed to the following addresses as per province of residence:
Eastern Cape: [email protected]
Free State: [email protected]
Gauteng: [email protected]
KwaZulu-Natal: [email protected]
Limpopo: [email protected]
Mpumalanga: [email protected]
North West: [email protected]
Northern Cape: [email protected]
Western Cape: [email protected]
For enquiries, contact: [email protected] or [email protected] or call 080 232 3244