KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works invites unemployed graduates to apply for Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date : 02 April 2021
Internship Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
Applications are invited from unemployed graduates / diplomats residing in the KwaZulu-Natal Province to gain practical work experience in the following operations in the Department.
1. National Diploma Human Resource Management x 1 (Head Office, Pietermaritzburg)
2. National Diploma Public Administration/Management x 10 (Head Office, Pietermaritzburg)
3. National Diploma Financial Management x 1 (Head Office Pietermaritzburg)
4. National Diploma Supply Chain Management x 1 (Head Office, Pietermaritzburg)
5. Bachelor of Social Science x 1 (Head Office, Pietermaritzburg)
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- An appropriate 3 or 4 year tertiary qualification, Degree / National Diploma.
- Applicants need to provide certified proof of the qualification they have obtained.
- An applicant must be unemployed and only applicants who have never served an
- internship and In-Service training period previously will be considered. Applicants are
- requested to provide an affidavit in this respect signed by a Commissioner of Oaths
- stating that you have not benefited from any programme mentioned above.
- Applicants should be between 18 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be South African citizens residing in KwaZulu-Natal.
Notes and instructions to applicants to be adhered to carefully:
The internship program will run for a period of twenty four (24) months or 2 years.
In-service training programme duration will be determined by letter from the institution.
Successful applicant/s will be required to enter into a contract with the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works.
The department is under no obligation to employ the trainee on completion of the programme.
Trainees will be paid a monthly stipend as outlined in the department policy.
Preference will be given to unemployed youth and people with a disability.
The application forms must be submitted with completed and signed Z83 form with a reference number indicated in the reference column.
The form is also available from the website www.kznworks.gov.za. Also attached to the application must be the CV, certified (Senior Certificate, Qualification, statement of credit certificate and ID copy).
A separate application form must be provided for each position applied for. Failure of the applicant to abide by the above instructions will render the application disqualified.
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their application/s with full details to the following address:
Department of Public Works: Human Resource Management: Private Bag X9142, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
Hand delivered to 191 Prince Alfred Street, Oliver Tambo House Pietermaritzburg, 3201.
The application should be for attention: Mrs ZJ Hlongwane
All enquiries must be directed to Mrs P.N. Buthelezi: Assistant Director: Skills Development: Tel. 033 260 4103.