Vulnerable Artist Fund invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 July 2021
The Lockdown Collection (TLC) is inviting students to apply for a Visual Arts Bursary, for the 2022 academic year.
The TLC bursary is a partnership with Artist Proof Studio and the Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA), and is made possible by William Kentridge, who donated a piece of his work to TLC as part of numerous editions to raise funds for bursaries of this nature.
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R12 000 per student.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a Foreign National currently studying in South Africa
- You must be studying towards a Visual Arts qualification
- You must be studying at a recognised institution (including universities, colleges or community arts programmes)
- You must be in financial need
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: TLC Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document if a South African citizen or Passport if a Foreign National (clear copy)
- Profile photo of applicant (head and shoulder only, clear, current, and professional)
- Latest academic results (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of registration or acceptance from your tertiary institution, to study towards a Visual Arts qualification (on institutes letterhead)
- 3 images of your best work
- Proof of cost of fees from your institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Banking details of your institution or your personal baking details
- Reference letter from an educator at your institution, motivating your application and need for the bursary (this letter must include their contact details)
- Proof of financial need: 3 months latest personal bank statements
Please note: all documents must be labelled with your name and a description of the document (e.g “Sipho L ID document”, “Sipho L Bank Statements”).