Internship Application Closing Date: 07 May 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
This position is responsible for technical design of projects within the Section, and providing assistance to Engineers.
With 0 – 3 years of design experience in a consulting environment, the key responsibilities will be:
• Making good decisions on own initiative.
• Leading small team of technicians/ draughtspersons on a project.
• Querying details suggesting more acceptable solutions.
• Drafting technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
• Able to present / represent his specific technical work (presentations/ meetings).
• Familiar with work procedures.
• Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
• Developing understanding of local functional business technologies and markets.
• Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance to design and specifications with minimal supervision.
• Awareness of time and cost implications on projects.
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 0 – 3 years of design experience in a consulting environment
• Advantageous to have bridge and structural subjects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
Only applications with the following supporting documents will be considered:
• Cover letter motivating your application and interest in the position
• Matric certificate
• Full University academic transcript
• Identity document
How to apply
Click here to apply online for SMEC: Engineer Graduate Internships 2021