Epilepsy SA Educational Trust invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2021.
Bursary Application closing date is 31 October 2020
The Epilepsy SA Educational Trust bursary award is solely aimed at students with epilepsy who wish to study at tertiary level but lack the funding to do so.
This is a partial bursary which will cover tuition fees, between the value of R5 000 and R30 000.
Trustees will meet in November to review applications and final feedback will be provided in December.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 17 years or older
- Have epilepsy
- A member of Epilepsy SA
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Accepted and enrolled to study at a university in South Africa, for your chosen field of study
- Proven financial need
How to apply
Download and complete the Epilepsy SA Educational Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year exam results (if currently in Matric) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric) (certified copy)
- Latest exam results (certified copy)
- Certificates (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution OR proof of application and explanation of why you have not received proof of acceptance
- Latest payslip
- Proof of family income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of epilepsy (certified copy of doctor or clinic letter)
- Proof of Epilepsy SA membership
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust
PostNet Suite #131
Private Bag X 3