TEACH South Africa (TEACH) invites unemployed graduates to apply for Communication Internship Programmme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 15 January 2021
Internship Location: Johanneburg, Gauteng
Stipend: R5000,00 per month over the period of 12
Description: Teach South Africa is inviting learners to apply for the Communication Internship Programme.
About TEACH South Africa
TEACH South Africa is a Non-Profit Organisation led by the South African
business community. In an effort to address the educational achievement gap
that persists in the country, TEACH South Africa decided to be part of the
solution by placing highly skilled and motivated recent university graduates
in the classroom.
Through our intensive training and support, we equip non education graduates
with what is needed to be a successful educator. TEACH Ambassadors are placed
at disadvantaged schools to teach for a period of two years.
TEACH South Africa operates through strong collaboration with key partners
including corporates, government at national, provincial and district levels,
NGOs and similar initiatives.
- Develop and implement on an organisation wide inter. communication strategy that meets organisational objectives and aligns with the company communication and overall strategy.
- Measure the effectiveness of internal communication messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to review and amend the strategy as appropriate.
- Design an internal communication model to enable the organisation to effectively communicate.
- Play a leading role in redeveloping and improving the intranet as a key internal communications tool, working alongside the marketing department.
- Ensure standards of communication are kept high.
- Work with other departments to set and maintain standards for effective email communication across the organisation.
- Ensure messages from the Ongoing Support Division are properly reflected icommunication across all departments.
- Be the first point of contact for internal communication enquiries an requests for advice.
- Proactively seek opportunities to advise on communications issues.
Skills and Competencies
- Influence behaviour within the organisation through internal communications.
- The more diverse communication background the better.
- Must have high proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and Email.
- In-depth understanding of internal communication, in particular employee engagement.
- Very strong on internal communication.
- Developing and implementing internal communication strategies.
Desired Qualifications: BA in Communication
How to Apply
Submit CV with a one paged letter of motivation and academic transcripts to: [email protected].
Should you not be contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application for this position unsuccessful.