Internship Application deadline is 04 February 2021.
Internship Location: Bloemfontein, Free State
Salary: R7 353.50 per month.
Contract duration: 1 year (12 months)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Capture information of staff on HR PeopleSoft System.
- Type letters to staff members.
- Handle administration with regard to medical aid schemes (applications, additions, terminations).
- Handle administration with regard to study benefits.
- Capture leave on the system and handle leave enquiries.
- Implement Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to service level agreement with other sections of HR and with clients.
- Ensure data integrity and quality assurance of work done.
- Make travel arrangements for the shortlisted candidates and make arrangements for payment/reimbursement.
- Handle relocation administration for newly appointed staff members.
- Handle UIF documents requests and administration.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Effective communication with clients, both internal and external, on ad-hoc queries.
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable and friendly service to clients, ensuring a prompt response to queries and requests.
- Responsible for the reception area at the HR Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial Psychology or related field on NQF level 7.
- The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn various university systems, including PeopleSoft.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
How to apply
Go to UFS Application site and search “3711” to find the vacancy and apply online.
UFS staff members:
Log onto PeopleSoft, click Self-Service, Recruiting and Careers to apply online.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application.
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- Certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- a copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).