The GrandWest Bursary Programme was established in 2007 and is aimed at providing financial support to 40 students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Prospective students are those who are determined enough to excel in their respective academic fields, despite being impacted by various socioeconomic challenges. It is important to note that the requirements for the GrandWest Bursary Programme are not purely academically based.
GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is owned by Sun International and is the only Casino in Cape Town, South Africa. Among others the complex boasts world-class restaurants and accommodation for its guests. GrandWest is a major attraction in Cape Town, providing its visitors and guests with unique and thrilling entertainment.
Closing Date of the Bursary
Please note that bursary applications for the GrandWest Bursary Programme will close on the 30 of April 2021. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered for the GrandWest Bursary Programme.
About the Bursary
The GrandWest Bursary Programme is aimed at students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Prospective students are those who excel in their respective academic fields, despite being impacted by various socioeconomic challenges.
Applications are open for students studying at:
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Stellenbosch University (SU)
Applications are open to students studying the following degrees:
- Trade Skills
GrandWest Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Kindly note that prospective applicants need to satisfy all of the requirements of the GrandWest Bursary in order to be considered for the programme:
- Applications are open to South African citizens ONLY.
- Applicants should be studying or plan to study at one of the above-mentioned tertiary institutions.
- Applicants should have successfully obtained their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Applicants should be younger than 27.
- Applicants should boast a strong academic record.
- Applicants should be living in the Province of the Western Cape.
- Applicants should not hold a full-time job.
- Applicants should be strong-willed and determined.
Please note that failure to adhere to the requirements of the GrandWest Bursary Programme will result in a rejected application.
The GrandWest Bursary Programme will provide successful applicants with financial assistance to help pay for the costs of the relevant Degree. This will take the form of:
- Assistance in paying for the tuition fees.
- Assistance in paying for the registration fees.
- Assistance in procuring the relevant course textbooks.
Please note that students are required to pay for their own accommodation. Students do have the option of reapplying for the GrandWest Bursary Programme at the end of the academic year.
Successful applicants are required to take part in community outreach programmes.
How to Apply?
Kindly note that students applying for the GrandWest Bursary Programme are required to email the following email address and should make a request for the relevant application form – [email protected]
The following supporting documentation should be attached to the applicant’s application form:
- The applicant should attach a certified copy of their ID certificate.
- The applicant should provide a certified copy of their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- The applicant should provide proof of registration for the year 2021 on the institute’s letterhead
- The applicant should provide proof of their complete academic history on the institute’s letterhead.
- The applicant should provide a certified statement of the relevant course fees.
- The applicant should provide their proof of address.
- The applicant should provide a certified copy of their parent(s)/guardian(s) income.
Failure to adhere to the GrandWest Bursary Programme requirements will result in the application being rejected.
Please note that the granting of the GrandWest Bursary is at the sole discretion of Sun International.
Kindly note that GrandWest may be directly contacted for all relevant bursary related queries. GrandWest will not respond to any questions upon the closing of the bursary applications.
- Tel: 011 780 7000
- E-mail: [email protected]
Students who have successfully qualified for the GrandWest Bursary Programme will receive the relevant notification shortly after the closing of the bursary.
GrandWest will not respond to application queries after the 30 of April 2021.