The Food and Beverages Manufacturing Sector Education and Training Authority (Foodbev SETA) Bursary was established to provide financial aid to unemployed students who have been accepted into TVET Colleges in South Africa. Applications for the Foodbev SETA Bursary will be granted on the needs of critical and scarce skills within the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Sector. This bursary was established to assist both undergraduate and postgraduate students with furthering their academic interests.
The Foodbev SETA is a public entity that was founded in the year 2000 for the main purpose of serving the Food and Beverage Manufacturing industry. They aim to increase the availability and accessibility of knowledge in their respective sector within rural areas. This can establish skills development by providing opportunities for quality learning and career prospects. Hence the Foodbev SETA Bursary plan was developed.
This Bursary closes on 19 February 2021. Any applications submitted after this date will not be considered for the selection process.
About the Foodbev SETA Bursary
This bursary provides financial aid to unemployed students who have been accepted into TVET colleges in the country. Foodbev SETA awards this bursary depending on the needs and scarcity of skills within the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Sector. They mainly assist students who study in the fields of Engineering, Food and Nutrition, Commerce, Human Resource, as well as general fields.
Foodbev SETA also provides a bursary option for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. This option is the Research Bursary Program and is aimed at developing critical skills needed to gather relevant research that has a positive impact on the sector. This bursary program also provides for the unemployed in response to the research and development needs of the sector.
By providing these options for financial support to students in need, Foodbev SETA is assisting with lowering unemployment in disadvantaged areas and increasing education and skills development amongst the youth. This bursary program fulfills Foodbev SETA’s vision for establishing sufficient and appropriate knowledge and skills in the Food and Beverages Manufacturing Sector.
Who Can Apply?
This bursary applies to full-time students who are unemployed and enrolled in higher education institutions. TVET college, Undergraduate and Postgraduate students are free to apply for this bursary depending on their chosen field of study and its relevance to the Food and Beverage Manufacturing sector’s needs.
To apply for this bursary you will need to adhere to the following requirements:
- The candidate must be a full-time student with an accredited Tertiary Institution with proof of registration. (College, Undergraduate, or Postgraduate.)
- The candidate must be unemployed.
- High academic record.
- Proven need for financial assistance.
- The candidate must be a student of one of the following fields:
- Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, and Materials.)
- Food and Nutrition (Consumer Science, Food Science, Food Technology and Food Production Management.)
- Commerce (Accounting, Finance and Marketing.)
- Human Resources (Human Resource Management and Industrial Psychology.)
- General Fields (Project Management, Chemistry, Environmental Science, etc)
- Please note that applicants who are female, disabled, or from a previously disadvantaged background will be given special consideration.
What does the Foodbev SETA Bursary cover?
This bursary covers financial aid for a student’s study-related fees. This includes:
- Study Material.
- Research costs.
How to Apply?
If you want to apply for this bursary you will need to download and complete the following application form:
You will then need to have the following documents attached with your completed application:
- A certified copy of your South African ID.
- A certified copy of your National Senior Certificate.
- Proof of registration with your chosen institution.
- Institution’s account indicating the full amount for tuition fees.
- An affidavit that the candidate does not have any other financial support from another bursary program.
All applications along with attached documents can be submitted through the following methods:
Email: [email protected] (Make sure to have your Full name and “Bursary Applicant” in the subject line.)
Hand Delivered: 13 Autumn Road, Rivonia, 2128
Post: PO Box 245, Gallo Manor 2052